Ritte Group Ride Waiver
The Terms and Conditions detailed below apply to all entrants participating in a Ritte organized rides, which is operated by Ritte Cycles LLC.
Attending a group ride a participant is acknowledgement of acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
1. The participant accepts that the event they are entering into is not a race in any format. There will be no timed races and time records to complete the ride will not be taken. Anyone considered to be competing against others will be stopped from riding and prohibited from attending any future events.
2. The participant acknowledges the inherent dangers and risks involved in participating in the activity. Risks may include, but are not limited to, collision with pedestrians, vehicles, other riders, or fixed or moving objects, and dangers arising from surface hazards, equipment failure, weather, inadequate safety equipment, use of equipment or materials provided by Ritte or the participant.
3. The participant acknowledges that these risks may be caused by the participant’s own actions, or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the activity, the area and conditions in which the activity takes place, and/or the participant’s own negligence or the negligence of others, whether or not known or reasonably foreseeable at this time. The participant undertakes to use good judgment and acknowledges his or her duty of care to other riders around them.
4. The participant accepts and assumes all risks and is fully responsible for his or her actions whilst attending the event. Ritte does not accept responsibility for the actions of the participant nor the consequences of such action.
5. Each participant is responsible for providing his or her own insurance protection for his or her participation during the event. Any fees paid, where applicable, do not include any insurance protection for accident, sickness or negligence of any individual participant. Any accident or injury caused by any participant’s actions will be the full responsibility of that participant.
6. Each participant is responsible for any fees or costs incurred or arising from an accident either involving or caused by the rider. This includes, but is not exclusive to, fees from police, fire, ambulance or any similar service such as a mountain rescue service. If the situation arises that the participant is not capable of making the decision to call the emergency services, or fails to do so for any reason, the participant agrees that a member of Ritte or a member of public may call for them. In this situation, the participant still accepts the costs and consequences of such action.
7. The participant releases and discharges his or her right to sue Ritte and/or its administrators, directors, agents, officers, volunteers and employees, other participating event organizers, any sponsors, advertisers and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises on which the activities take place from all liability, claims, demands, losses or damages on the participant’s account, now or hereafter accrued, which are caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the participant’s involvement in, association with or travel to and from the activity, including the participant’s negligence and the negligence of other participants.
8. Each participant, agrees that they are physically and mentally capable of riding, are free from any illness or medical condition that would prevent them from riding and are of a level of fitness to ride the distance prescribed prior to the ride commencing. If, during the event, the participant decides to change route and distance then they do so at his or her own risk.
9. Where the organized ride is led by a Ritte representative, Ritte will endeavor to have a reasonable ratio of riders to each leader, suitable for the riding conditions.
10. The participant accepts that instructions and routes may deviate at the time of event.
11. Participants myst be over the age of 18. Evidence of age may be requested by Ritte.
12. The participant agrees to wear, as a minimum, a suitably designed cycling helmet during the whole riding section of the event. Ritte reserves the right to refuse entry to the event to anyone without a helmet or with inappropriate equipment or clothing.
13. The participant confirms that the cycle they are riding for the event and all of his or her equipment is of a suitable standard and state of road worthiness.
14. A substantial part of the ride will be on public roads and the participant is aware of this prior to leaving the ride meetup location. If the participant has any concerns regarding the route and cycling on public roads then they should not participate at all. Points along the route may not be marked so it is important that the participants stick to the group they are riding with
15. The participant agrees that failing to return to the location where the ride commenced may result in a search being organized and the subsequent costs will be billed to the participant.
16. No alcohol can be consumed during the ride.
18. The participant grants Ritte the irrevocable and unrestricted right and permission to use, re-use, publish, and re-publish his or her image, likeness, name and/or biographical information in whole or in part, or composite or distorted in character or form, without restriction as to changes or alterations, or reproductions thereof in color or otherwise, made through any medium, and in any and all media now or hereafter known for illustration, promotion, art, editorial, advertising, trade, or any other purpose whatsoever.
19. The participant acknowledges that other terms and conditions and agreements may apply in addition to the attached including waivers, releases or liability agreements and, potentially bike hire or other terms. Any such other terms and conditions or agreements will apply in addition to, and shall not supersede, replace or otherwise affect these Terms and Conditions.
20. The participant understands that nothing in this Release shall limit or exclude Ritte liability for: (a) death or personal injury caused by its negligence; (b) any other matter in respect of which it would be unlawful for Ritte to exclude or restrict liability. The participant also agrees however that in the event Ritte is found to be liable, in no circumstances will Ritte liability exceed $5,000.
21. For rides organized by customers of Ritte, Ritte accept no liability whatsoever and how so ever caused as this ride is strictly not organised in any way by Ritte.