THE VLAANDEREN: High performance road for the competitive spirit.
We know that saying it’s fast is cliché, but it is. In fact, it’s not just fast, the Vlaanderen is a damn rocket from Hades. It’s asphalt-crushingly stiff and yet paradoxically comfortable to ride. With a raw performance that is tempered by balance, the Vlaanderen is not only fast and agile but also stable and solid.
PREMIUM CARBON I SEMI-MONOCOQUE CONSTRUCTION
The Vlaanderen was conceived and designed through research, trial and real-world testing. It's created using a simi-monocoque construction of the highest quality T700 and 24M high and medium modulus carbon from Toray Japan, combined with a proprietary carbon made in-house. Made using precise CNC'd molds to create a consistent and exact outer form, each frame takes dozens of man-hours: from the layup process, to several stages of hand-sanding and painting. But frankly, a bike can have all the best engineering in the world, but what's most important is the way it rides.
STRUCTURE & GEOMETRY
The Vlaanderen features a BB30 bottom bracket system and massive chain stays for power transfer, a tapered steer tube for precise handling and an integrated seat mast to convey all those lovely road sensations straight to the rider. The Vlaanderen also features a rare integrated seat mast, which allows micro vibrations to travel uniformly through the frame and greatly increases road feel. The geometry was developed to be a good all-around competition rig: as comfortable on day-long rides as it is confident in hectic criteriums. Take it down a high-speed descent and you’ll really see where the Vlaanderen is a true stand-out; its slightly longer than typical wheelbase give it confidence-inspiring stability while its rigid front and rear end give you the power to carve the corners.
The Vlaanderen was designed and developed in Los Angeles, home to some of the most challenging climbs, descents and criteriums in the world. Our aim with the Vlaanderen is to provide an excellent bike at reasonable price to people who want to ride something a little different than the status quo.
- Clearance for 25c tires with room to spare.
- Tapered headtube with 1 1/4” bottom bearing.
- Integrated seat mast.
- BB30 bottom bracket.
- Designed for stability.
- Four color options: Gloss Gray, Gloss Belgian, Matte Black/White, Matte Belgian Classic.
- Di2 ready.
- Price (in USA): $2150USD (Prices outside the USA are higher due to import fees.)
- HOUSING IS ROUTED THROUGH FRAME
- BB30 bottom bracket
- 1-1/8" to 1 - 1/4" integrated headset (included)
- Front derailleur clamp size: 34.9
- Max tire size: 25mm at least. Possibly bigger depending on brand and rim width.
- Topper adjustment range: 1.5cm
- Drilled for Di2 with battery mounts under the chainstay.
- Frame weights from 950g-1200g depending on size and paint option.